WWDC 2020 will be a streaming event due to COVID-19. It will be aired on live tonight (00:00 GMT+7). This is exciting to have live streaming for event this big. I am excited to see how iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, WatchOS and macOS are moving forward.
My Wishlist for this year release are:
- Better external display support for iPadOS. It is painful to see when you project your display into a 4K monitor, and all you can see is a 1280-800 picture. Please give us options for external display resolutions.
- Support for extended display mode. I hope this can be done this year. Having extended mode will be awesome, and I think really can push the iPad as a desktop replacement.
- The ability has to replace default apps in iOS. No further explanation.
- Ability to have other browser engines in iOS.
- This is a particular wish, but I would like to iOS to have the ability to manage audio source and output. I wish I can still listen to short clips on twitter while I listen to my podcast. Or I can mute some apps while others are not. It is like SoundSource from Rogue Amoeba.
- I like to have Alfred-like capabilities in the iOS spotlight. It will be awesome to have the ability to invoke system commands to control devices. Want more awesomeness? Open the possibilities for people to write plugins for iOS Spotlight.
- This is Shortcut related wish. I am using Shortcuts in Safari to restore video control when I am watching a video. But I need to trigger that every time, and it is tiring. I wish Shortcut will have the ability to run automatically when I opened some website. This kind of ability would be excellent.
- Apple Pay related wish. Please oh please come to Indonesia ASAP.
- Also for ECG capability in WatchOS. I want to give my parents Apple Watch for them when this feature is available in Indonesia.
- Xcode Lite? Probably like CodeRunner.
- Better Safari for iOS. IPadOS provides a desktop-class Safari browser in iOS 13; I tend to use the web version of an app more and more (I am looking at you, Google Docs). I love how you can also use Apple Pencil as a pointer, but it would be awesome if I can use it for things like sign a document, highlight text in the browser, etc.
- Please give us better text selection. It is hard to do, even in large iPad with latest software.
Woot, lots of wishes. I know this year is chaotic, but if I really want to have my top 3 this year. Let see if Apple delivers them tonight.